Apply Now for Spartan Project SEARCH 2020-2021
Want to join Spartan Project SEARCH? Applications for the 2020-2021 school year is now live.
Application Purpose & Guidelines
The purpose of this application packet is to outline the skill set of the Spartan Project SEARCH student candidate. This application enables the selection committee to properly assess each student candidate’s interests, skills, abilities and background. A parent, student, counselor, teacher or employer may be contacted by the selection committee to gather additional information. Our goal is to select students who will be successful in a Spartan Project SEARCH program and reach the outcome of competitive employment.
The Selection Process includes the following guidelines
- All students are encouraged to attend an Open House and must visit the host business site to observe the culture, possible rotations and meet the instructor and job coaches prior to being selected to participate in Project SEARCH.
- Submit the completed application to the address on your cover letter by Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- The Selection Committee will review the applications, and if accepted, match the student skill set and interests with the appropriate Project SEARCH internship(s) site (Michigan State University or the State of Michigan in downtown Lansing.)
- If accepted, an Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be developed with the IEP team for the 2019-2020 school year.
- If accepted, students must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
The Selection Committee will include the host site liaisons, the Project SEARCH Instructor, Project SEARCH job coaches, Project SEARCH school district liaison, Project SEARCH supervisors/managers and representatives from Michigan Rehabilitation Services and other agency/school representatives.
Order of selection will be
- Students who have finished their necessary credits for graduation or certificate of completion
- Students who will benefit from participation in a variety of internships
- Students who are interested in using public transportation to access work and the local community
- Students who desire to gain competitive employment at the end of the Project SEARCH program